+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does it matter?

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

What does it matter?

I had an adjuster come in a few days ago and tell me he was written up for writing to replace a windshield that his reinspector says we broke opening the hood. This reinspector is an idiot imo, and is not allowed in some of the shops in my area. He never checked their loss facts or talked to the vehicle owner. In his sick little mind he just decided that we broke it and wrote this in the file. The vehicle owner knows that the hood broke it when he hit the deer. It really irritates me. I am not sure what I can, or should do about it.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Repair the car - get paid. Leave the windshield as is. What else can you do?

3. I'm with Wade...When did it become your responsibility to step between this guy and his insurance company? If he won't fight the insurance company on his own behalf, why should you spend your time and resources fighting for him? I have always said, "You can't help people that won't help themselves."

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

The car is fixed and gone, windshield and all paid for by them. I just don't like being lied about.

5. Unless you are a DRP, why would you care what the insurance adjuster wrote in his file? If you know the truth and the customer knows the truth, isn't that all that matters?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Hmmm, lets see... why try to damage the reputations of independent shops. What could be gained from that. lol

7. If you can prove that the insurer uses a lie such as this to discourage consumers from using your shop, that IS problematic and should be dealt with as harshly as is legally possible. But, all you have is the word of another untrustworthy individual about a statement he may or may not know to be true. If there is no harm done to your shop that can be measured in dollars and cents or potential dollars and cents, I'm afraid the law would not be sympathetic towards you.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Well Dave could file a small claims suit just to prove a point. File it make dude show up and defend himself. Put a number on the 'loss' to his reputation, provide affidavits from the vehicle owner and supply the fact that the insurer did indeed pay. I'd like to see it done.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I sometimes wonder if we realize how damaging this "data harvesting" that auditex provides can be. Especially if there are "cowboys" out there entering their "smack" as facts.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I think that reason has to be used in responding to situations because one can spend all his time fighting demons and disparigment like this. Pick your fights and apply the necessary pressure to the extent practible. Every now and then even those that don't seem worth the effort might be worthwhile however.

+ Reply to Thread