+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 86
FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Check this out read from the bottom up ...Audatex at it's finest

1. Appreciate it Roy and you know I am no mans (would say no womans but Heidi would get mad at me) puppet.....I can be coordial and professional at all times but my scruples never get compromised......

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Scruples? ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cobb -ME View Post
    "but my scruples never get compromised......"
    you have scruples? .. I lost mine in a freak hunting accident!
    Collision repair... so easy even a monkey can do it... and some do!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Scruples and testicles ain't the same thing.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

So, Cobio....or anyone else that has received a response to their submissions... what is the latest on your submissions to the DEG? Have the repsonses slowed, or they more or less complete; do they give you reasoning or have the data providers stuck to their guns?
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

5. May be complete I may be waiting on one. I have more to submit this week I have seen more changes then not but no real explanations and the ones that they would not change some fo the explanations were not palatable in my professional opinion. I would like to see the database in a format that would quantify the changes for the public and summarize it in many formats. Also would like to see it where if I were to input a certain issue it would immediatly alert me if anyone else has also addressed this item on this vehicle.

To me they have not even scratched the surface on the errors in this data and that should speak volumes but for many it never will.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

What I would like to see...beyond the obvious.....is a dollar accounting of a single error's cost to repairers for the duration of the omission; bet it would blow even your socks off. And I am not talking about the methodology used to cap, but an error that left parts, labor in operations off where those parts had to be destroyed in order to repair the subject., for example ......like the first one or so you submitted on the van.

As I have said more than once over many years, the sum of the errors caused specifically by data bases over decades that have cost repairers, labor and parts, would be almost beyond comprehension. And there is no offset for errors allowing more, if one is ever found. Of course all that information, that is, cars repaired, time period calculated by the amount of the error resides in all the insurers claims data. I really can't imagine what the sum would be but it would be calculated in the billions of dollars.

You will recall that there was a blanket change to a manufacturers pickup line back about 8 years ago, and there was such a ruckus the provider offered to pay the repairers that could demonstrate their loss due to using the bum data. That was a piddling cost comparatively.

But, it did show without question, that particular provider admitted that they owed for losses their inaccuracy caused.

Amazed that no one has picked up on that..........but I am equally amazed that despite the data providers marketing their products as accurate, some folks really think the data is a guide. You just can't make stuff like this up.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

And don't forget how many data providers. They don't agree on anything, so multiplicity of errors......and some insurers require the use of one over the other in disparate markets. This is the proverbial chasing your tail.

This exercise of running down rabbit trails can have only one result.

To me they have not even scratched the surface on the errors in this data and that should speak volumes but for many it never will.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Roy Smalley; 07-18-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Whatever became of the lawsuit filed against Mitchell International by Paramount Auto Body in Reno, Nevada? The suit alleged that the majority of the data used in the program is generated by insurance companies and not, as Mitchell states, by Mitchell editors. The suit goes on to state that times and labor values have been deliberately understated at the behest of State Farm and other insurance companies and that data mined from estimates generated by the program has been sold without the knowledge or permission of the shops using the program. The suit goes on to allege that Mitchell has actively been engaged in a conspiracy to the disadvantage of auto body repair shops.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I checked around and have been unable to find any more info other than opinions about the case; weak.

Anyone have a direct contact?
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Conflict between accurate and guide.....

Here we have but one claim by one data provider, taken from an internet promotion:

Superior information solutions begin with superior information: relevant, intelligent, comprehensive, accurate, reliable, and convenient.

And here we have a portion of the 'advice' from the DEG website:

One critical point to keep in mind is that all the databases are developed and marketed as guides

I would like for someone to explain to me how data can at the same time, be accurate and a guide?
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

+ Reply to Thread