+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 85
FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85

Thread: Check this out read from the bottom up ...Audatex at it's finest

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

All those posts confirm that you can never invoice a repair until the whole repair is complete, and a total cost study is made. Until then, it is still only an estimate.

When complete, it is time to invoice the owner of the vehicle so that he may inform his insurance company the extent of the loss.

You may, at this time, remind the customer to state to his insurance company that he wishes to pick up his car as soon as possible so as to contain the cost of the rental car. ( You do demand COD, of cource?)
    Last edited by Roger Walling; 01-22-2018 at 11:32 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

100,000 views in the first 8 years. 73,000 in the last 2 years, three months. (As of 18 Jan 2018)

Now crossed 200,000; 100,000 since 18 January 2018

Must be relative to something.............
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

With that number of views, especially recent ones, why is there so little participation?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

CCRE has been promoting ProD in the newsletters. We have a link to this site and ask that people come in and register. Very few are registering but it looks like many are surfing the content as guests. Could be part of it.
    Tony

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I think the emergence of Facebook and the forum it has provided may be largely responsible for the decline in traffic on this site for the past few years but, given the trend lately for many to dump Facebook, perhaps we will be seeing more participation. Over the years, this site has been a valuable resource for many people.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote: CCRE has been promoting ProD in the newsletters. We have a link to this site and ask that people come in and register. Very few are registering but it looks like many are surfing the content as guests. Could be part of it.
    Tony

Frankly Tony, no one is posting basically but me and perhaps two people respond, and all the time I am looking for someone, anyone to tell me that I am full of shit. Let's have a debate. And that ain't happened since Advocate a long time ago, and he really never offered any solutions. To be worth while, discussions have to ensue between interested parties and stay on point rather than some personal experience that has nothing to do with the issue. And I am getting tired of talking to myself and probably the few that actually read are too.

Every meaningful person that used to post are gone and I have no one to debate but myself. What the fxxx good does that do? It tells me the "independent" collision industry is gone and done for, for there are NO places that discuss a way out of the morass they and their now insurance partners, have created. My fault but I wasted a good part of 20 years attempting to drive a solution. It was great fun and generated some brain cells but talking in a vacuum is more than a waste of time.

Good by and good luck.

Not a soul is posting from CCRE.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Roy
    As you and I have discussed many times in the past, this industry refuses to put any effort towards moving it in a positive direction.
    I am frustrated as you are but I keep trying to look for some positive signs. Those signs show up once in a while and then they die off until the next time.
    I don't have all of the answers, but I keep trying. This may be my last year since traveling is difficult and I think my old age is catching up with me.
    I am willing to share my knowledge with anyone who is willing to listen but sometimes it feels like a futile attempt.

Another problem, as Bill mentioned, is social media. I read most of the posts in the collision-related groups and, as you know, that can be a chore in itself. Most of the posters have no clue about how to operate an independent business. Many complain, but few look to work at solutions.
    Please keep in touch.

Semper-Fi
    Tony

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Roy, at the risk of agreeing with you again, I have been posting personal experiences in hopes of persuading others to do what works for me, unfortunately, I think that they are to busy repairing cars instead of running a business.

+ Reply to Thread