+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 86
FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86

Thread: Check this out read from the bottom up ...Audatex at it's finest

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

yeah, we are just old farts blowing in the wind Bill.

Rizzi forwarded an article from RDN this morning about "State Farm not paying for scans required by the OEM's and one or more instances where they say they don't owe for scans under the policy". I guess the policy is no longer "return to pre-accident condition", but that is another discussion we've had.

What is so obvious if repairers did not use data, what say would SF and any insurer for that matter, have over what repairers perform? Unless of course it was stipulated in the policy......

So that brings another point. Why do repairers use data? Obvious. They won't get paid a single dime if they don't use one or the other data platforms to determine their costs and selling price.

Unbelievably simple yet as mentioned, everyone dances around the solution to the debacle. They are either terminally stupid, and/or afraid and rightly so. Just imagine how arrogant, and obvious, insurers have become in their relationship with repairers in the last decade?

One thing Bill your numbers in your final sentence.....the real number would be stunning and would probably be in the hundreds of billions.....insurers have skinning the repairers and consumers down to a basic science......and acceptable...in my opinion of course.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

The observation you have made more than once, Roy, about insurers controlling the cost of repairs through the data providers BEFORE the accident has even occurred, has always brought to mind what I experienced when I went to Ultramate training right after the program was rolled out. I had the benefit of knowing what insurance company ''approved" the information provided in the program, as well as the format. About midway through the presentation I asked why the program was so adept at subtraction, never missing an overlap deduction, an "included" deduction, or anything else that would result in a labor time reduction, yet seemingly could not manage to add.....anything. Any additions required that the user be aware of applicable additions and manually apply them. After asking louder and louder three times, the instructor only gave me the "stink eye" and refused to respond. My guess is that he figured out that I knew the answer before I asked. The other dummies in the class weren't the least bit curious.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Yeah Bill, I remember the roll out here in the Dallas area.....only one insurer backed "Ultramate" at the time. And we all know who that was. And I was a sucker, but not for long.

Amazin' ain't it.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

The irony of the guides is that when a new model comes out, they know exactly how much time it takes to replace the widget.

+ Reply to Thread