+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "new" bumper refinish info.

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

"new" bumper refinish info.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Several years ago, I spotted something curious regarding refinishing some inner panels, like door jambs, 1/4 jambs. drain troughs, etc.. It applied the "edge' operation but conspicuously missing was the "clear coat" addition. I called some dummy at CCC and questioned him about it and could't get a straight answer. Frustrated, I contacted someone at DEG, who called me back later in the day and told me how and where to find the operation. It involved several point and clicks on the "edge" line item entry, snap your heels together three times, tug your right earlobe, click some more and it would appear. Armed with the information, I called CCC back and guided another dummy through the process and asked him why. since all jambs, troughs, etc., were clear coated, did it require investigative work and manually selecting the operation for it to appear. The answer I got? "We do that to provide our customers with more options". I asked, "And which customers would that be?" Naturally. I got no answer. Can you imagine how many millions of dollars that missing operation saved some of their "customers"?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

It all boils down to the proper use of the guides.

They may be OK for an estimate but when It comes time for invoicing, common sense and knowing your job as a businessman takes over.

When I used to invoice customers I would calculate my profit on each job. If it did not come up to my expectations, I would recheck all the operations and then invoice correctly.

Remember, the book is only a guide, it says so in the front!

Be sure to add in anything that you wish to, that affects YOUR business.

"WE DON'T PAY FOR THAT" is either an admission of ignorance or arrogance on the part of the adjuster!
    !

+ Reply to Thread