+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: legal liability discussion

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I think the turn around will come where small body shops will get their share of the business.
    Look at Walmart, they took over all the small stores in an area, and are now finding out that they are not making the money that they thought they would.

Large shops , controlled by the insurance industry will not put up with strict rules laid down by the masters and will demand more money for their investment, raising the profitability of shops. (including the small shops if the owners are smart enough to respond to a changing world)

A small shop will just have to learn how to conduct a business, in addition on how to repair damage.
    No small shop can hope to compete with a large shop, but can earn a good living by working smarter.
    Remember, the customer controls where the car is repaired, it is up to the small guy to enlighten the customer to the advantages of his shop.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

.......and on Eagle Collision

I understand Eagle has shut down all it's collision shops throughout the state.

Frankly from a business stand point, that was a good move for they realized, probably, their future exposure given that they don't determine the extent of repairs; or they realized the benefits from guaranteed business without the ability to control what is done in repairs wasn't worth the risk.

It has been a long time since collision business for me. But it appears the record...the score card.... of each shop in adhering to insurer demands, determines the amount of business the shop receives.....if the repairs exceed what the insurer feels it should, even though the estimate was written by their own employee, the shop stands to be penalized.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Was it the liability or the lack of profit that Eagle has shut down.

I think that they realised that there is no money in it , after all. that is the reason for "insurance company shops" in the first place, to take the profit away from the repairs!

+ Reply to Thread