+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hallelujah!!!!!

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Hallelujah!!!!!

Usuns are SAVED I tell you..SAVED!

(Pass the plate down the aisle and give generously to 'good attorneys') For THEY have the answers. Hot damn.

All you have to do is engage the consumer and by golly you will be showing the insurer a thing or two.....

http://www.repairerdrivennews.com/20...ing-customers/
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Roy,
    Knowing how you write, do I detect a bit of sarcasm in your post. ???

I always make my customer aware of things that I notice in an insurance co. est.

I allow them to instruct me just how to repair their vehicle, as long as I do not consider it a safety issue. And I make sure that they understand just what they should be getting V/S what they are being offered.

"OFFERED" is the key word!
    As always, I bill for what I do, and inform the appraisers that they are the ones that have to explain to their customer why they will not pay the invoice.

I may have lost customers over my policy, but, my customers return because of my policy!
    Last edited by Roger Walling; 12-28-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling

3. The new Messiah has arrived. The industry is saved again!!!!
    This crap is making me vomit. Like the song by Peter Pau and Mary " When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn.
    I think this is the year, 2018 when I finally throw in the towel. I have no skin in the game now, so why continue to try to educate the un-educatable folks. Let them continue down their own self-made path of destruction led by the new Messiah and the disciples ASA, SCRS WAMBA, CIC and the rest of them. May God help the collision repair industry.
    Last edited by Tony Lombardozzi; 12-28-2017 at 10:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

You know Tony it is amazing how time after time, some issue will occur that will energize folks for a while and then just fade away. If you recall all the rhetoric 20 years ago (TWENTY YEARS!) about AM parts and CAPA. And Avery the law suit that would 'solve' that problem. Or 'the' problem, which in both cases was sheer idiocy. Then when airbags became the norm, lots more rhetoric and angst. In the intervening years nothing has really changed. Insurers pay what they want to pay and folks keep on griping about not getting paid and don't get paid. (NO support from the OEMS by the way) Others take and do what is necessary to keep on getting.

I understand extortion, market control, price setting but I can't understand the mind set those issues form in the minds of repairers. The best I can say is it must be a combination of fear or ignorance or a bit of both on the one hand for those that see but can't find a way to make a change. On the other hand the vast majority are on the insurers' payroll and they are not going to go against the goose that lays the egg at their door step. They are the creation of, as well as the willing instrument of the insurer.

So long as the latter group wags the dog, there will be no change and I agree, doubtful that it ever will for the industry.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Tony, in reality, the trade as we know it is already gone except for unititbody strighting and painting.
    all else is in the class of parts changing (it's a wonder that ins companies don't call it mechanical labor.)

Even painting is unskilled for the most part except for the painter. Gone are the days when a guy could take in a car and repair it from start to finish.

I remember when it was almost impossible to total a car, now it is a matter of fact if the $$ add up in favor of the insurance company. They know that backyard shops that love to "reassemble" two into one.

Many years ago I attended a CCRE seminar in hopes of "converting" the board members of Mass Auto Body Association.

Half way thru the seminar I knew there was no hope. As a director of MABA I brought it up at the meetings and no one even wanted to go there, they were too busy trying to live up to the insurance companies "guidelines".

And they were the DIRECTORS of the body association!!!

6. Most national and local associations fall into the wwooss category. They play both sides of the fence in order to keep money coming into the group.
    in the meantime, nothing gets done.
    This industry suffers from the battered wife syndrome. We keep believing that if we play nice and go back into the sandbox with insurers, they will change and treat us better. Meanwhile, they keep beating the crap out of us and we continue to accept this as the norm. Sad.

+ Reply to Thread