+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Something new every day

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

UPS does their own time studies and a supervisor explained the outcome to me.

Let's say the study took 3 hours to do the task, at the end of the job, the inspector pointed out that the tech took 1.5 minutes arranging the truck and getting out his tools.

So... dedust 1.5 minutes from the total time.

The tech dropped his wrench 4 times and spent 2.6 minutes picking it up.

SO... deduct 2.6 from the total time.

This continued to a point where no time was counted due to "mistakes"

End result, the correct time to do the job correctly was 2 Hours 14 minutes, a time that the next tech should meet if he is a competent mechanic.

EASY , ISN'T IT!

True story, told to me explaining how they set the times in their book.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

The real issue behind all the discussions here there, now and before can be summed up by simply stating, the collision industry has never had leadership that brought the collision side on focus. Of all despite my opinions, SCRS has evolved and provides the best hope...if there is any. I have a lot of respect for Aaron. It is a hard row to hoe to advocate for change. A very curious balancing act given that the obstacle is clearly defined. Others before them have been ineffective if not corrupted completely by insurers. Another but without the national stature required to gain a foothold, CCRE has been on the right road from the beginning, and Tony is still trying hard. As for basic ideas, James Lynas but ideas don't alone define a leader and he was a tad short on what it takes.

It goes without saying, there are prominent and powerful players within the collision side. The question in my mind with good reason is, which comes first to some of them. Personal interest or industry?

Just my opinions that really don't matter beyond my front door....
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Don't hold back guys!

Good to see everyone is still "kicking"! At least these days I can laugh at some of the antics coming from insurers and their minions. There are two repairs now that have the insurers confused because they cannot replicate my pricing in their system. It's like talking to a tree when I tell them my estimate is the starting point and anything they come up with is irrelevant to me.

One customer is proceeding to contract and paying any shortage out of pocket, the other is confused because he thought that he had such a good company! When asked if he had ever turned in a claim before, the answer ... well, uhhh .. No.
    Collision repair... so easy even a monkey can do it... and some do!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Laughter is always salve to the soul.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

After submitting my supplement and billing my customer, I have never had a company call me and tell me that "they don't pay for that".

They do call and ask how I determined my prices, but then never refuse to pay, as I remind them, that the customer is responsible for the payment ,and if you don't reimburse them, it is between you and them.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Somewhat the same...

I've started to tell insurers when they call that they are speaking to the wrong person. I and the customer already know the "starting price" of the repair. If they think different they should be informing the insured, not me.

This morning we received one of my own estimates back from an insured with my labor rate, material charges and total covered with "white out" and different amounts typed over!! I just emailed back "Nope"
    Collision repair... so easy even a monkey can do it... and some do!

+ Reply to Thread