Thread: State Farm and peeled roof

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Bill. DATA.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Bill, re your last post, " The estimates submitted are then scrubbed by a third party vendor and any supplements are handled likewise."

They tried that with me in MA. and I asked if he had seen the car, when he replied NO, I stated that Ma. law does not allow anyone who has not viewed the car to appraise damages.
    CASE CLOSED!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

As with most things, Roger, my bet is that their lawyers have been very busy figuring out a way around any law that stands in their way. By having the shop write the estimate of repair, they can contend that they are simply employing a disinterested party to "correct your homework". We all know they will never allow anyone but themselves to determine what they pay. Roy has been correct in what he has preached for years; the data that they have surreptitiously manipulated and compiled for decades allows them to always have the upper hand. Do away with their databand you do away with the control.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

In July, (201?) the Ma. Auto body damage licensing board voted to overturn its 2014 decision holding that digital images satisfied a state requirement that an appraiser “personally inspect the damaged motor vehicle and shall rely primarily on that personal inspection in making that appraisal.”

Essentially, appraisers must leave headquarters and go out in the field to see customers’ cars.

This could be good news for collision repairers who might have had a difficult time convincing a deskbound appraiser that damage to the vehicle is more extensive than it looks in the photos.

+ Reply to Thread