+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PRO-D .. Who wants to support it, fund it and keep it alive?

1. Bill is correct unfortunately Facebook has better options they are free and to be honest far more secure then this. That is your choice I want to thank Tony for contacting me and showing his interest.. A private Facebook group would likely make it easier and at no cost but that is up to you guys.. Thanks Tony

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

A private area for the hardcore among us to communicate, along with a public area to post items of interest to consumers seems to me to be the best of both worlds. Consumers have been kept in the dark for decades and have no clue that they have the option to follow insurance company direction for a cheap repair or educate themselves and opt for a safe repair. Now they make the mistake of assuming all repairs performed at the direction of insurance companies are safe and any shop that tells them anything different is not to be trusted.

3. Mark
    I just couldn't let this die. I have no clue what I will do to improve traffic but I am hopeful that something will work
    Must be nostalgia, I guess

4. Understood and again thank you.. just realize you could be alone in this venture after a year or two

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I don't know about the areas you guys live in but in my area, I have always been amazed at the number of shops that belong to no association, subscribe to no industry publications, participate in no forums like this one, or even speak regularly with other shops. They have no clue what may be going on outside the boundaries of their own shops but are quick to whine endlessly about how they aren't making any money and how badly they are treated by insurance companies. They are ignorant and determined to stay that way.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Bill,

I was one that never spoke to other shops in my area.
    I started learning how to run my shop from Autobodyonline and this web site.

I joined a industry association and for many years participated in the meetings getting to know how others ran their business. Much to my dismay, I found that most of the members did whatever they could to appease the insurance industry.

While on the Board of Directors, I tried for many of years to get the shops to run their shops in an independent manner
    to no avail. They all had excuses to comply with the man.

I left the association and spoke many times on this site, hoping to show that "it's your shop, run it your way". I like to think that I had made some difference in the trade.

I like to feel that there are many lurkers here that just may take this site seriously.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Face Book-A place for every placed and misplaced opinion

A place for every placed and misplaced opinion from many that don't have a clue.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009

The only thing it has going for it is that the masses read it. I'm just not one of the masses.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010

It's been many years since I have been to this site. I look forward to doing alot of reading.....

Best regards,
    Gordon

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Gordon,

The only reading done at this site is from people like you that are willing to share their experiences.

Please write something that you have found that has helped your profit line and could help others.

It doesn't have to be a profound statement, something as simple as stating "you don't allow some stranger to tell you how to run your shop",would enlighten others that they are not the only one that feels that way.

+ Reply to Thread