+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PRO-D .. Who wants to support it, fund it and keep it alive?

1. PRO-D .. Who wants to support it, fund it and keep it alive?

This was how I announced Stopsteering.com .. today I got an invoice for this site "Pro-D" as well $360.00... who would like to take this on?

Another year has passed... I put it out there again... I have no interest in continuing to fund the hosting of the website.. it is not making a difference in my bottom line.. and my bottom line is moving every day.. closer to another whole career.... does anyone want it? Happy to pay the fees if others want to contribute.. let me know.. I am happy to transfer it all as well... hope anyone else that is not seeing the return on investment of their time and expenses is looking for an alternative.... I know for all of us it is hard to take our focus off helping consumers and fixing cars but I can assure you there is free enterprise out there and income to be earned that rewards you on your efforts.. and the way you expected when you "started your own business"

Speak up now.. the piper wants his money

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Mark,

Maybe you could get an insurance company to fund it!

There would be many glowing replies from their happy deluded customers on how they took control of the repair process and returned the car in 2 days that had only $300 in repairs, V/S $6000 from that greedy body shop down the street.

3. That is amusing.. I am going to pull the plug on this site by Saturday if no one wants to take it over? I will watch for someone until tomorrow noon and if no takers I am going to tell them to take it down. Thank you all for a great run with PRO D it has been a lifetime of rewarding information and friendships..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Sad to see it go, but there are only a handful of us remaining that participate any more. Face Book has taken a toll.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

It had a long run but nostalgia only goes so far. I have saved the DEG string. I will miss the Who ME that Mark Pierson helped me install years ago.........
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

"They" have won.

RIP body shops.

7. I am working with the hosting people to keep this site alive. I will keep you posted.
    I am not sure if we will make any changes at this time, but I would hate to see this die right now.

8. I wish you well with that. Most likely a larger issue, would be how to get participation levels up. I remember when activity was very high. I also know for a fact that some (probably many) insurers closely monitored the dialog. I wish you all the best, and thanks for your efforts.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Tony, perhaps The Alliance of Automotive Service Providers - Massachusetts Chapter may want to help.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

As crazy as it might sound, a Face Book page for Pro D might be the answer to the participation issue. I stay away from Face Book, but millions of others don't.

+ Reply to Thread