+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stopsteering.com

1. Stopsteering.com

Another year has passed... I put it out there again... I have no interest in continuing to fund the hosting of the website.. it is not making a difference in my bottom line.. and my bottom line is moving every day.. closer to another whole career.... does anyone want it? Happy to pay the fees if others want to contribute.. let me know.. I am happy to transfer it all as well... hope anyone else that is not seeing the return on investment of their time and expenses is looking for an alternative.... I know for all of us it is hard to take our focus off helping consumers and fixing cars but I can assure you there is free enterprise out there and income to be earned that rewards you on your efforts.. and the way you expected when you "started your own business"

Speak up now.. the piper wants his money

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Mark, I firmly believe in your statement "but I can assure you there is free enterprise out there and income to be earned that rewards you on your effort".

I have found that if you run your business without outside interference you will prosper.

The problem is that customers have been lead by the nose for so long, and the fact that they just don't care learning about any problems that may come up in the future.

I have always taken the time to explain things to my customers and have done good work (and have been paid for it)
    so now I have a good following of customers that demand what they have paid for in their ins. contract.

I was in an autobody association that by nature opposed what the insurance companies tried to do to our customers.

At the very meetings that we had, members would talk freely how they went along with the companies and proudly explained how they did their biding.

I am afraid that this industry is already lost, as the shop owners are bodymen, not businessmen.

As much as I enjoy reading these posts, I can't see where it is going to make any difference as there are too many that refuse to believe that they can make a difference, and continue to work for the man.
    Last edited by Roger Walling; 09-14-2016 at 09:42 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

As much as I enjoy reading these posts, I can't see where it is going to make any difference as there are too many that refuse to believe that they can make a difference, and continue to work for the man.

.......it isn't going to change Roger....
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Thank you for everything you've done for us and consumers everywhere, Mark. You deserve a great deal of respect and recognition for your countless efforts through the years. We are in our own little world here, working to inform our customers and actually having success at this late stage in our careers.....thank GOD! We always felt this day would come, and it has. But must admit we have not used the site much. We have our own single printed sheet Mark drafted a while ago which seems to keep things simple and direct. And nothing beats face to face exchanges with our customers in this small community. But again, thank you for everything.
    "Better to die a hero, than live a coward."
    Charles Woods, father of slain SEAL Ty Woods

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

"Common Insurance Phrases" was an invaluable resource to me and copies were available to customers at every desk in my office until the day I retired. I encouraged every shop owner I encountered to do the same in order to prepare customers for what they were about to be told by insurers. It served to piss people off immeasurably when attempts were made to steer them and they were prepared for it instead of being blind sided by it.

+ Reply to Thread