+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Folder Watcher

1. Folder Watcher

This morning I got in to do some paperwork at 7:20 AM. There was a message on my monitor that said "folder watcher started EMSOUT"'. It was a CCCONE message. Could that be some harvesting they're doing?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I think an overriding question should be what consumer rights are repairers, who are in compliance with insurer requirement to use one or more of their approved data providers, violating. I doubt if there are many that understand by giving up their rights to contract only with the consumer for a repair to the vehicle owned by the consumer, that anything they sign in the way of a contract with data providers, there may be a larger violation lurking.

Any one using data providers that complain about any controls by an insurer over the repair contract between the consumer and the repairer, has no one to blame but themselves. And no reason to complain about .....anything.

And the mealy mouthed information from SCRS on how to "protect" yourself is just that when they should be visibly in the forefront opposing those controls and telling the industry where they are and will remain. An insurance company repair facility.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

4. In 2011 we fixed a friends truck that hit a deer. At the time we used Pathways. We went to CCC ONE and in June of 2013 CCC ONE did an auto-close on that job. We bought the truck from him for resale. A potential customer asked for a car-fax. The car-fax showed collision damage in June of 2013. The truck had no accidents since the deer hit. Is this a coincidence?

5. My concerns exactly Mike.. in a world where nothing seems to be yours exclusively I would at least like to know if they are in fact accessing my data.... Although I am not sure that there is a provider out there today with a system that is closed.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Come on Mark, you know they are accessing your data. Everything that is on your estimating computer they can observe.
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

7. I know they will if I let them.. right now I know they are not.. no access.. that is what I am trying to determine if there is a way to keep them out in this new program..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I'm amazed

at how many shops throw open their books to anyone of (they think authority) tells them to! There is a regional insurer that has us on their "list of shops" for some time. Although they were farming the claims out to a third party vendor for audit, I would just decline the audit sheet and a company rep would send payment for our sheet. Recently the auditors "upgraded" the system and demanded shops install EMS transfer. I spoke with the insurer and demanded to be removed from the list so I would have to hear from these clowns "I'm not compliant". The amazing part is that according to the insurer, I'm the only one who will not pump all my estimates up to their claims company... all for the privilege of having them acquire your data, AND knock 15% off the top.

Of course there are advantages to others in the industry being brain dead, but I'll save that for another thread.
    Collision repair... so easy even a monkey can do it... and some do!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Several years back, I decided to get back on Satan Farm's program, not because I needed or wanted the work, I did it to send a Carstar franchise off the rails that was depending on getting on the program, along with another local DRP prostitute that had just dumped a million dollars into real estate to reel in their work. I was on CCC at the time and Satan Farm was on Mitchell, of course. The Estimatics manager turned to his computer and brought my "numbers" up, or the statistics derived from the estimates I was writing at the time. He did not realize the implication of what I was seeing on his screen, MY numbers were being "shared", which allowed Satan Farm to get numbers from CCC users from Mitchell. I dumped CCC and immediately began to write bull$@1t estimates on Audatex, simply to skew any numbers to the extent that they had no relevance. Business management program from any of these pirates? Out of the question.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Now we have a clear definition of aggregate data. Folder watcher is Collision Link
    Last edited by Johnny Crash; 01-13-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    I hear a pain a comin!

+ Reply to Thread