+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No news here..

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009

No news here..

Yes, I know this is off topic but the few that still read will find some 'sameness' in this assessment as in the relationships in our industry that in a way is the basis for why change is so difficult.....and really getting scary how easily lies and liars don't really matter after all. But we have known that for a very long time.

Krauthammer:

"We're Living In An Age Where What You Say And Its Relation With The Facts Is Completely Irrelevant"
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009

This is no new news but I will repeat it again.

You will never get paid more than you ask for or demand. (or accept from those who think they are in control)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Good one last week

Some third party adjustment company called and wanted to agree on a repair price. Without going into specifics the major problem was the labor rate being $10.00 per hour low. I told the rep if he would key in the correct labor rate the amount would be correct for repair. The entire conversation lasted about two minutes and I recovered the proper amount at about $1.00 per second. I told a friend who happened to be in the office when the call took place, he was lucky I couldn't clock that kind of money on his repairs.
    When some company wants to change my estimate, I tell them there are over four million damaged vehicles I won't repair this year, I'm not going to lose sleep over one more.

4. "We're Living In An Age Where What You Say And Its Relation With The Facts Is Completely Irrelevant"

How true and even when they are called out no one seems to care. See it all the time in this industry. Ignoring is the fix for everything.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

In Ma. the policies are quite clear, "We will pay for the repairs to your car"

When an appraiser states that "That's all we pay", I simply inform them this is the cost, please explain it to your customer when he comes to pick up his vehicle, why you will not honor their policy.

Even Oliver Twist had the balls to ask for more porridge!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Since we're venting....

I know I've gone on and on about the sorry state of industry trade rags for ages. Well, they're not any better! So the publisher of BSB was comparing PB&E reps to body shop repair techs suggesting "we're all in the service business."

I'm sorry, but what my husband does out in the shop environment has little, if anything, to do with those peddling products from shop to shop. I HATE when they come up with these comparisons, and it happens periodically in all the trade rags.

Sort of like when associations, insurers and jobbers proclaim that this is "OUR" industry. Who are the people actually performing the challenging repairs which take a great toll on the health of their bodies?

It gets old hearing this. Thanks for allowing me to vent!
    "Better to die a hero, than live a coward."
    Charles Woods, father of slain SEAL Ty Woods

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Pam, we are all canaries in the mind shaft. Most folks wouldn't know truth if it walked up and bit their ass.

...make that mine shaft but either works...
    Roy Smalley,
    Texas

8. We all speak like this is something unique to our industry... this happens in every thing we do every day.. we just don't want to take the time to educate ourselves.. I could list things longer than a computer screen page of how we are led like sheep and we all know if you read it on the internet it has to be true.. Like Roy said we are all Mind funked... we just want to believe we know better.. and yes that includes me.. many many years it seems to take to slowly open my eyes to the many ways I have been led to believe someone else has my best interest at heart.. If only we could teach our youth .. but I am afraid it takes the experience to make it stick with any of us..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Cobb, instead of sheep...

A radio talk show host refers to those who blindly follow without question, "Sheeple." Catchy, and so true! Pretty much sums up our industry.

I think the death of common sense is what ails most of our deepest problems. That's why we love Libertarians. At least they're willing to question both parties and attempt to hold them to account.
    "Better to die a hero, than live a coward."
    Charles Woods, father of slain SEAL Ty Woods

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

When I first saw the light, I would explain that I needed that extra .1 because ... (the list can be endless).
    It worked , then I explained that "the book did not inc. ...
    After a while my rate increased to ... because i had to pay more for heat.

The list became standard for the appraisers and now I charge "my rate' because it is my rate.

It didn't come easy or quick but I have it now because I refused to be treated by a book.

What are you waiting for?

+ Reply to Thread